Description of the master thesis
The thesis work consists on pre-study of actual frequency allocation in Sweden, identifying technologies and users. Thereafter, collection of power spectral density in VHF, UHF and SHF shall be performed with Signal Analyser and antenna. This extensive collected database shall be analysed and modelled depending on signal characteristics and multiplexing method. Finally, performance evaluation of proposed model shall be estimated.
Power spectral density collection, modelling and evaluation are required to be developed in Matlab.
The main tasks:
- Review of frequency allocation of present technologies in VHF, UHF, SHF (might include operator frequency division).
- Conduct study of communication technologies
- Multiplexing Method
- RF measurements from multiple technologies (Radio, TV, Mobile, etc…) using Signal Analyser and antenna. Expected measurements:
- PSD (Power Spectral Density) short time and long time
- PSD at different locations
- Statistical analysis of each operator/channel/user based on signal characteristics such as PSD vs Time (short and long).
- Estimate models describing PSD measurements depending on communication technology.
- Performance evaluation of estimated model (student proposes alternative)
- Writing your Master’s thesis
- Presentation of your Master’s thesis at SAAB
This Master Thesis is suitable for 1-2 students. You are at the end of your Electrical Engineering, Engineering Physics or Degree of Science in Engineering and about to start your Master Thesis work for 30 HP.
- Practical RF measurement experience
- Good skills in Signal Processing
- Strong mathematical knowledge in statistics and modelling
- Good skills in Matlab programming is a must
Last application day
Christina Borndalen, Manager
+46 73 4375672
Javier Ferrer Coll, Master Thesis Supervisor
+46 73 4374368
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.