Invesco is one of the world’s leading global investment managers, entrusted with managing $1.2 trillion* in assets on behalf of clients worldwide. We are the 6th largest US retail asset manager and the 13th largest investment manager globally, and our more than 8,000 employees worldwide are dedicated to delivering an investment experience that helps people get more out of life. We are purely focused on managing a comprehensive range of active, passive and alternative investment capabilities, which we draw on to provide customized solutions aligned to client needs, our most important benchmark. (*As of May 31,2019)
Job Purpose (Job Summary): The Intern will assist with the operations and management of Invesco’s High Return Strategies. The intern will focus primarily on closed-end High Return Funds that focus on best relative value investing across asset classes and capital stacks.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Improve and Assist in portfolio and investment level analysis including performance analysis
- Work with internal and third-party stakeholders to ensure accurate flow of information and transaction execution
- Participate in various investment committee and portfolio strategy meetings
- Assist with monthly/quarterly reporting
- Other duties as assigned
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- Strong Excel user
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Confident in social skills/personal interaction
- Detail oriented and exceptional organizational skills a must
- Well rounded with interests outside school
- Ability to work in a team
Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- Undergraduate degree (rising Senior as of Summer 2022) – business or real estate major preferred
FLSA (US Only): Nonexempt
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco's culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment.