Additional Locations:Diversity - Innovation - Caring - Global Collaboration - Winning Spirit - High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
About the Role:Within this role, an incoming engineer will work on a project in the Interventional Cardiology group leading the commercialization of new cutting-edge technology and products. It is an exciting opportunity to develop novel technology solutions working with a team to commercialize and improve new products.
We are looking for a motivated, driven, and technically curious individual that can drive execution in a very diverse and challenging environment. This individual will be working in both cross functional group settings as well as independently with the support of a technically strong, experienced, and highly motivated team. This position offers the opportunity to support process development and product commercialization throughout Boston’s global plant network.
Your responsibilities include:
- Develop and document manufacturing processes for disposable medical devices.
- Work with teams to make improvements to existing devices and manufacturing processes.
- Participate in Design Reviews to optimize process designs.
- Create documentation to support new and improved manufacturing processes.
- Interface directly with assemblers, production supervisors, leads, engineers and management daily.
- Coordinates with the suppliers and external resources needed to design, build and document new process/products. Own Formal planning and design phase deliverables such as Risk analyses, Quality/Reliability planning, Critical Parameter Management, Use case development, and Product Validations.
- In transfer and monitoring phases support manufacturing ramp up, failure analysis, and clinical complaint handling.
- Must comply with requirements of ISO 14001 and BSC Environmental, Health and Safety standards and follow procedures and instructions related to these standards.
What we’re looking for:
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in electrical field
- Candidate must work well in a team environment across functions and sites to mentor and influence team.
- Solid lab skills and experience with debugging, fixtures, test circuits or electronics systems.
- Strong understanding of statistics and DFSS tools (DOE, problem solving).
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Experience with medical device electronics and systems.
Requisition ID: 506763
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.