SummaryPosted: Oct 14, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Do you love utilizing your creativity, spatial reasoning & attention to detail to collaboratively solve design challenges? The Mac Product Design team works with other engineers and designers to seamlessly integrate technology into the next generation of portable and desktop computers. We apply a genuine sense of curiosity and dedication to delivering truly innovative and relevant products that enrich our customers’ lives. We want you to join our cohesive and diverse family of Product Design Engineers to do the most impactful work of your life. In this role, you will ideate concepts, design down to the details, prototype & test, and travel to assembly sites to optimize the design.
Key Qualifications Key Qualifications
- Genuine curiosity
- A sense of ownership
- Engineering fundamentals: solid mechanics, material science, heat transfer, mechanism design, manufacturing
- Excellent communication skills: both written and verbal, ability to clearly communicate design ideas and contribute to brainstorms
- SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN ON THE JOB:
- Tolerance analysis, geometric dimensioning & tolerancing, design for assembly/manufacturability, designing for high volume manufacturing of injection molded, die cast, sheetmetal, and machined parts, metrology, simple fixture design, computer aided design, statistical process control
- Collaborate with industrial designers, product integrity, hardware, software, and technology groups to refine & execute on the design of the product. - Develop initial product layouts. Generate concepts, prototype, demonstrate & test to drive down-selection. - Partner with external vendors & internal manufacturing teams to optimize designs for function, cosmetics and manufacturability. - Ensure design meets requirements throughout its lifecycle by performing stress, tolerance, and failure analyses. - Travel up to 20% in Asia to support factory builds.
Education & Experience Education & Experience
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
Additional Requirements Additional Requirements