Drive your career with an energy leader
Are you looking to kickstart your career at a business where you can really make an impact? Then welcome to our RWE Supply & Trading (RWEST) IT Developer Graduate Programme!
Developers at RWEST operate at the heart of our commercial business, working closely with analysts, front office desks and business support areas to provide solutions in key areas such as profit and loss, position reporting, deal lifecycle automation, market data visualisation, model prototyping and systematic trading activities, to name only a few.
What you’ll be doing
Over two years, you’ll do four six-month rotations, starting off in Swindon in the UK with others potentially in London (UK), Essen (Germany) and Singapore.
Key areas you could choose to do your rotations in include:
- Application development
- Embedded IT for our commercial business such as trading of energy commodities, freight and logistics, commercial asset optimisation or sales and origination
- IT projects with high business attention such as “Lead in Data” or “Lead in Cloud”
- … and many more
You could also do one rotation in a non-IT related function to help you build up a broad awareness of the business.
Through your rotations, you will be able to increase your IT stack and business knowledge, develop competence in a range of IT languages and build a good awareness of different working cultures – all of which will prove invaluable in your permanent role and future career.
What you’ll need to thrive
To make the most of this opportunity, you need a passion for the energy industry and trading in particular, along with the ambition to learn and grow at a company that is dynamic and full of change.
Some relevant work experience, German language skills and basic database knowledge (SQL, noSQL, Key / Value) are all useful but not essential. What you must have is:
- A degree (BSc, MSc or PhD) in IT or a similar statistical or numerate subject such as Mathematics, Engineering or Economics
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of at least one programming language such as C#, Java or Python
- Passion for IT development and working in a DevOps environment
- Fluent English
- Willingness to relocate plus flexibility and mobility to travel to multiple locations
A culture that empowers you
We’ll give you the chance to shape your own career path – and the support you need to make it a success. You’ll be assigned an ex-graduate buddy and a senior mentor of your choice who can advise you on rotations and introduce you to key people within the business. We also offer a wide range of development opportunities, including networking events where you’ll get to meet senior managers and board members.
You will also enjoy:
- Access to a modern refurbished trading floor
- Competitive salary plus generous annual discretionary bonus
- Open and diverse company culture with various clubs and societies
- Flexible working opportunities
Ready to be empowered?
Find out more on www.rwestcareers.com
Any questions? email@example.com
You can find out more about how we operate on LinkedIn and Instagram.
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications, irrespective of gender, disability, nationality, ethnic and social background, religion and beliefs, age or sexual orientation and identity.
RWE Supply & Trading GmbH is the international trading house of RWE AG. With around 1,600 employees from 45 countries, we are active on Europe’s largest energy trading floor in Essen as well as in London, New York and Prague. On growth markets outside Europe, especially in the Asia-Pacific region, we are the hub for electricity, gas, biomass, raw materials and emission certificates.
In addition to providing large industrial companies and trading partners with energy supply solutions, we ensure commercial optimisation of RWE power stations, operate storage for natural gas and market renewable energy generated by RWE Renewables. Our innovative solutions pave the way to the future of energy – and to a sustainable life.