QualityThe Northvolt Quality Control team in Västerås is looking for driven young engineers or soon-to-be engineers, preferably with chemical or mechanical background. You will be working on various analyses, controls and tests of battery materials, components, intermediate product and finished Li-ion cells. You will be part of an innovative, enthusiastic and friendly team! You will be trained to independently run advanced instruments and equipment in laboratory. We believe you have studied chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, materials science, chemistry or similar including laboratory work and as a person you are curious about the world of quality.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Execute work instructions accurately and follow protocol.
- Understand and execute the testing plans for material, incoming parts, product intermediates and finalized products.
- Organize test results in the expected template and/or LIMS system.
- Be able to troubleshoot instrument basic problems; utilizing the help of senior personnel for more major issues.
- Understand the fundamentals of method development and validation and participate in the execution side.
- Perform testing with measuring instruments and report data/results as instructed.
- Execute method improvement plans for the different measurements and be able to write standard procedure operations.
- Maintain the instruments to a high standard.
- Actively involved in lab cleaning routines, 5S, workplace improvement activities.
- Strict adherence to Quality Assurance in Quality Control Principles
Participate in 8D reports and ensure the actions are implemented.
The person we are looking for is strongly goal oriented, curious and eager to learn. You will get the chance to have a real impact on our success story in Sweden (to start with) and see the results of your work. Our organisation requires and values great self-discipline and a natural talent to make things happen.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor´s degree (or technical school degree) in a technical field, preferably in Chemistry.
- Must-have laboratory experience.
- Previous work experience in quality control, quality assurance or an analytical laboratory is a plus.
- Hands-on experience in following analytical instruments is a plus: ICP, BET, SEM, XRD, PSD, Karl Fischer and acid-base titrations, battery testing.
- Specific knowledge of quality management systems, e.g. ISO 9001, IATF16949, TQM is a plus.
- Familiar with Lean, Six Sigma and 5S concepts, as well as SPC, FMEA, Quality troubleshooting tools and problem-solving methodology is a plus.
- Curious, technically educated and preferably with a strong business background.
Personal success factors
- Excellent English written and oral skills, Swedish is a plus
- Highly organized and results driven
- An eye for detail
- Proactive and goes beyond expectations
- Able to learn and acquire new information very quickly
- Exceptionally good problem-solving skills
- Has a "can do" attitude and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to work under high pressure and tight deadlines, excellent time management
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as independently
- Ability to work in a high profile and often high pressured international environment
- Qualities that we cherish are flexibility, sense of quality, friendliness, motivation to take on new challenges, grit and a sense of humor
- Passionate & purpose driven>
- Passionate & purpose driven>