Job DescriptionNorthvolt has an exciting job possibility for an engineer specialized in the field of Automation & Software.
You will be contributing in your area in building one of the first European battery factories which will play an important role in the design and development of the large-scale battery factories, which will help the transformation to a carbon free society.
Your will be part of the engineering team improving and maintaining the factory automation system.
You will be working intimately with the design team to design and implement a highly automated production process. You will also be working intimately with the Software Engineering Team, responsible for the higher-level system such as MES, ERP and PLM. The production environment has very high demands on cleanness, up-time to reach the set quality level, production efficiency and traceability. It will require a combination of proven technologies and design of new innovative solutions. We will work with the best solution providers globally.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop, maintain and implement the automation system in the factory.
- Commissioning of new equipment
- Fault finding as part of the maintenance procedure
- Work together with the Industrial Automation System Design team to test and verify upgrades and test applications.
- Identify and interact with key automation solution suppliers
- Be part of the team that will give our operations team the tools to run the most advanced and efficient production factory in the world.
- Author and review Engineering Design Documentation (Requirement specifications, Functional design, Logic diagrams, Test Cases, Test Records)
- Implement, test and commission systems in the aforementioned technologies
- Participate in R&D activities for piloting of new technologies and their suitability to production environments
- Participate in education and knowledge transfer workshops
- Cost estimations for projects and change requests. Provide input for quoting and planning works
- Participate in and contribute towards design forums and improvement meetings for technical improvement and optimization of software processes
Apply with CV and cover letter or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full time employment, fixed salary.
Skills & Requirements
- Studying in Mechatronics, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or similar engineering programs.
- Passionate by solving complex problems with technology in a simple yet innovative way