Milan, Italy /
Klarna makes shopping smoooth. And we do it with flair because shopping is fun. Every day, we help customers, businesses, and partners explore just how smoooth the modern shopping experience can be.
It means we’re constantly changing the game. Always trying out new things. And we encourage our people to do the same. To grow. To develop. Because we don’t believe roles have to stay fixed. Instead we inspire our people to take an irregular career path. As a company of 350 dynamic start-ups, our whole business is built for it. So once you’re in, there’s no telling what will happen next.
Engineering at Klarna is an inspired, customer focused community, dedicated to crafting solutions that redefine our industry. Working in small, highly collaborative Agile teams, you and your team will have a clear mission and ownership of an important outcome that supports Klarna and our customers. At Klarna we optimise for quality, flow, fast feedback, focussing on end-to-end ownership, continuous improvement, testing, monitoring and experimentation. We aim for teams that are inclusive, helpful, and have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build.
Our engineers make some of the most significant decisions for the company and we are looking for bold, open and curious developers.
As a Klarnaut, you’ll be inspired to contribute to the growth of Europe’s most highly valued fintech and your work will reach millions of users.
Want to be part of the change? We're expanding several of our engineering teams; teams working on our core checkout product, payment services and Klarna App such to name a few.
What you’ll get to do
- Own your services end to end. Decide how best to build, test, deploy and monitor.
- Work with large scale, highly available and resilient modern financial systems.
- Be an integral part of a team, in addition to its culture and ways of working. Common practices include agile methodologies, pair and mob programming.
- Work with automated deployment enabling code release multiple times a day.
- Succeed, fail, and learn together with other talented people. We believe in an environment that provides an opportunity for growth and see education as an outcome of failure that gets us closer to the next breakthrough.
- Work with modern tools and languages that excite you.
You'll get the chance to work with
- Functional programming languages including Erlang, Scala (typelevel stack), Clojure, Functional Typescript and JVM tooling.*
We are also utilising: Mnesia, and a range of OTP tools.Kafka, Serverless, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, LevelDB.Prometheus, Splunk, Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Previous functional programming experience isn’t essential, but you should be open to learning and working with any of these languages as the choices available may change over time.
What we can offer youCulture - You'll have an opportunity to work with people from 90+ different countries.
Learning - We have a learning and development focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training, and regular internal technical talks.
Compensation - You’ll receive an attractive salary, pension, and insurance plans, plus we offer all of our employees an opportunity to invest in a RSU program and own a stake of the company. You’ll also receive 27 days annual leave and since we recognise that life is about more than work, we also offer benefits for gym memberships, cinema tickets to name a few. We also support our working parents, so you don’t have to choose between work and family.
Relocation - For this position we do not provide relocation support.
We know diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our teams include women, men, mothers, fathers, the self-taught, the college-educated, and people from all over the world.
We also believe in making contributions to the open source community. You can find some of our work at https://github.com/klarna.
How to apply: please send us your CV or Linkedin profile in English.