Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) - Andover, MA
MA - Andover
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense (RMD), you have the opportunity to try new things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of colleagues and customers.
As innovation leader specializing in defense, security and civil markets you’ll be part of a diverse global team working together to solve some of the most demanding challenges on the planet. We know that a diverse company is a strong company. Our employees come from different backgrounds. This position is located in Andover, MA. We offer competitive benefits and capped relocation support is available to the selected applicant if eligible per company policy.
Raytheon Missiles and Defense (RMD) is seeking an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) The ISSO provides support to classified computing environments. You will be responsible for assisting in the development and enforcement of information systems security procedures in accordance with company and government regulations and policies.
We value diverse skills and experience, so don't hold back. Your qualifications could add tremendous value to our team. Our customers come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you're passionate about what you could accomplish here, we'd love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to Anticipate
- The ISSO is responsible for system compliance, auditing, security plan development and delivering information systems security education and awareness.
- You will assist in investigating information system security violations and helps prepare reports specifying corrective and preventative actions.
- You would also routinely interface with your facility security team, program personnel and government representatives.
- All these job responsibilities will be executed in harmony with Raytheon Technologies - RMD Code of Business Ethics and Conduct policy, which sets the standard by which we operate and how we treat others
Important note: Within six months of hire date, you must obtain and maintain a Security professional certification commensurate with DoD 8570.1-M Level 2 requirements (Security+ or other), if you do not already have this certification.
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Information Systems Management, Management Information Technology, Criminal Justice, Business, Math or other degrees will be considered plus 2 years of cybersecurity and/or systems security experience In absence of a degree, 6 years of cybersecurity or network / systems work experience
- An advanced degree in a related field may be substituted for additional years of experience as follows: Master’s is equal to 2 years of experience or a Ph.D. is equal to 4 years of experience.
- Two (2) years’ experience working with and/or supporting computer technologies (such as: Microsoft Office applications, databases, operating systems or computer network hardware)
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance prior to the start date. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Qualifications We Value:
- Existing DoD SECRET/TOP SECRET/TOP SECRET/SCI Clearance
- Working experience with operating systems; Solaris, HPUX, Linux, or Windows
- Experience working with government regulations, such as NISPOM, JAFAN, JSIG, DIACAP and Risk Management Framework. Regulation is based on customer requirements
- Experience supporting various system configurations (Stand Alone, Local Area Networks, Wide Area Networks)
- Preparation of Assessment and Authorization documents and procedures
- Ability to deliver Cybersecurity related briefings and training material
- Self-motivated and possess good written, verbal, listening and presentation skills, particularly in documenting evaluation results
- Previous experience working in a classified information systems environment
- Desire and ability to work as a team member
- Knowledge of Six Sigma and statistical techniques
- Customer focused, adaptable and willing to work varying assignments
- Familiarity with Test Equipment and Sanitization Procedures
- Organizational skills to include: attention to detail, time management and ability to multitask
- Must be flexible and work with general supervision
- Experience with audit reviews such as: physical security, network and application, password administration, file access privileges, etc.
- Security+ or similar 8570 certification
- Desired Education: Courses can be completed at the DSS Training Website:
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Check us out on YouTube!
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Missiles & Defense produces a broad portfolio of advanced technologies, including air and missile defense systems, precision weapons, radars, and command and control systems – delivering end-to-end solutions to detect, track and engage threats. Headquartered in Tucson, Arizona, the business generated $16 billion in pro forma annual revenue in 2019 and has 30,000 employees globally. Raytheon Missiles & Defense is one of four businesses that form Raytheon Technologies Corporation.
Raytheon Missiles & Defense
Computer/Management Information Systems, Cyber Jobs, Data Networking, Information and Knowledge Systems, Security, Technical
Type Of Job
Ability to Telecommute
U.S. FLSA Classification
COVID-19 Vaccination Terms and Conditions
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our communities, families and employees. With employee health and safety as our top priority, Raytheon Technologies is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID variants pose in the workplace.
Effective immediately, all visitors (including those coming on-site for an interview) must show proof they are fully vaccinated* against COVID-19 or a negative Covid-19 test within 72 hours prior to entering a Raytheon Technologies facility.
If you receive an offer from Raytheon Technologies, this offer is contingent on you being fully vaccinated* against COVID-19 prior to starting your employment.
- Fully vaccinated means two weeks have passed since a single-shot vaccine or the second dose of a two-shot vaccine. Employees may be required to obtain booster shots at the recommended interval to satisfy the fully vaccinated requirement. In some circumstances, the company may provide reasonable accommodations for employees who, because of a medical condition or a religious-based reason, cannot obtain a COVID-19 vaccination. All accommodation requests are evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.