What's it like to work with cutting-edge defense and engineering technology in a business whose mission is "We protect those who protect us"? In a word: rewarding.
As a member of BAE's Electronic Systems verification team you'll join a diverse group of driven engineers developing the world’s most advanced electronic systems responsible for detecting and countering threats some of the worlds most sophisticated tactical aircraft. Join our team and, while you contribute to supporting enhanced military capabilities and protecting national security, you can hone your skills and advance your career.
BAE Systems is looking for Electrical Engineers to join our FPGA Design Verification team in Nashua, NH. This exciting and dynamic job opportunity will allow you to work on important projects, and help advance Electronic Warfare systems used by the United States military.
In this job you will:
- use simulation testbenches and test suites to verify the proper functionality of HDL code written for FPGAs implementing advanced signal processing and control applications;
- employ industry-leading tools and metric-driven, constrained-random verification techniques with SystemVerilog / UVM to achieve coverage goals, and left-shift the detection/elimination of design bugs;
- support integration and test efforts by replicating (in simulation) issues discovered on hardware running in the lab;
- contribute to the continued evolution of the processes and methodologies used within BAE
- work side-by-side with, and learn from, experts in design, verification, and EW technologies and systems.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put
our customers first – exemplified by our mission: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®.” Sound like a team you want to be
a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
As a member of the FPGA Verification Team you will learn about DSP, Radar Warning Receivers, and FPGA Security using the latest FPGA programs. Using SystemVerilog and UVM you will develop simulation environments and test suites to prove these designs meet their specified objectives. You will be mentored by more senior verification engineers, FPGA designers, and Systems Engineers.
BAE Systems offers competitive pay and benefits, as well as important work-life balance initiatives including Fridays Off on alternate weeks, Flextime, Paid Parental Leave, and Telecommuting. BAE also believes in a culture of recognition for the extraordinary contributions of our skilled employees.
- *Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status**
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience with FPGAs or ASICs
Experience with VHDL and/or SystemVerilog/UVM
Motivated self-starter comfortable working as a member of a small team
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
Candidates holding an active SECRET clearance (or above) are preferred, and experience with the following is a plus:
- Hands-on experience doing FPGA/ASIC Design Verification
- Perl / Python
- Questa Simulator
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve.