BAE Systems is looking for a Digital Integrated Circuit Architect to join their Advanced Electronics research team! Advanced Electronics is part of BAE Systems’ FAST Labs™ R&D organization, which works with government R&D organization such as DARPA, AFRL, etc. to develop game changing technology that can be transitioned into products that make the world a safer place.
We are seeking qualified candidates to develop digital processing solutions for our next generation broadband multi-function DoD systems in RF/EW, EOIR, and Cyber domains. The ideal candidate for this position is expected to provide technical leadership of research and development projects, and whose technical expertise is sought out by our customers. Additionally, the candidate is expected to leverage their position, reputation, and technical expertise to create and lead research programs that advance technology for purposes of providing differentiating capabilities for BAE Systems.
In this job role, qualified candidates can expect to:
- Lead relevant research programs of 1-10 people as principal investigator
- Lead the design, development, execution, and implementation of novel, state-of-the-art digital integrated circuit designs
- Lead Project technical reviews
- This position can be based out of our Merrimack, NH; Burlington, MA; Reston, VA; Arlington, VA; San Diego, CA; Raleigh, NC; or Columbia, MD facilities, though it will require collaboration with staff across our business areas and facilities in the Northeast.
- Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience leading projects at the cutting edge of technology
- Track record of technical innovation as evidenced by journal and conference publications or patent filings
- Knowledge of digital integrated circuit design, with experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Digital Signal Processing
- AI/ML Hardware Acceleration
- Digital system architecture and design
- Microcontroller and programmable accerlerator design
- Secure processor architecture
- Neural networks or neuromorphic engineering
- Knowledge of Radio Frequency (RF) Systems applications and semiconductor technology
- Ability to obtain clearance at the Secret level or higher
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Masters or PhD in electrical engineering or related field
- Prior experience as principal investigator on DoD R&D programs
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems’ game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.