When you work at Nasdaq, you’re working for more open and transparent markets so that more people can access opportunities. Connections can be made, jobs can be built, and communities can thrive. We want all our employees to have access to opportunity, too. That means planning for career growth, ensuring you have the tools you need, and promoting a broad culture where we’re all valued for our outstanding perspective. Here, you will work for a global tech leader committed to breaking down barriers to inclusive prosperity. We see technology as a means to free people up to work together more efficiently and effectively by centralizing data, analytics, and market intelligence. We're committed to building a more diverse and inclusive workforce. Not only is it our responsibility to do better, but we also need representative voices to power the fresh thinking that is vital for our business and our clients.
Interning at Nasdaq
The Nasdaq Futures Internship Program provides successful candidates with an outstanding opportunity to experience a relevant and immersive 10 week internship. As participants in the Nasdaq Futures Internship Program, you will deliver real, impactful work within a business unit. You will work on a defined project and partner with a mentor, network with senior colleagues and present your project at the end of the program. You will also participate in learning development opportunities and meet with senior leaders. This Nasdaq Internship runs for 10 weeks commencing from June to August 2022.
The Technical Writers team builds product information, such as user manuals and operator guides, that enables customers of our financial software products to quickly find the information, so they can learn how to perform their tasks. For SaaS products, we build and develop the information delivery framework and practices. Our deliveries are moving toward self-service portals where customers get answers at the speed of Google.
- In this position you will:
- Get insight of the technical writer role for financial software products and best practices of technical communication for various types of media such as portals, bots, and videos.
- Contribute to various parts of the content development of product releases—collect information, translate technical information to end-users, review cycles, release management and publishing.
- Modernize and optimize legacy documentation for online consumption.
- Test and explore document generation and automation techniques.
Who we are looking for:
- Passionate individual looking to start their career in technology
- Completing a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or related field with an anticipated graduation date after December 2022
- Able to communicate effectively in English, in writing and verbally
- Ability to explain complex technologies
What would be helpful:
- Phenomenal communication skills and has a great teammate mentality
- Ability to work independently and take initiatives
- Has an eye for both the holistic perspective and for details
Run a tool evaluation project where a selection of help authoring tools are compared and tested according to key aspects for Nasdaq’s specific needs. The various project phases include, identifying the evaluation criteria, run technical and feature tests, and analyze the data. The results, conclusions, and recommendations will be presented to the team.
This Nasdaq Internship runs for 10 weeks commencing from June to August.
Come as You Are
Nasdaq is an equal opportunity employer. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, color, disability, national origin, ancestry, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.