Have you ever used your smartphone, or Netflix, or cable TV, or WiFi and wonder how the giants in communication industry like Amazon, Google, Facebook, Telefonica, Orange, Deutsche Telecom and more – sustain the high-speed networks that power our daily lives. Think you’ve got what it takes to support these networks and keep up with their demands or – even better – get ahead of their next challenge? Be a true partner. If so – we might be looking for you for an exciting role in our Customer Focused Technical Support (CFTS) team!
- This position is for the Juniper TAC CFTS (Customer Focused Technical Support) Intern to up skill on Junos based platforms and understand the support process when solving customer issues on Junos based products
- This is an Individual Contributor Role
- Troubleshoot issues related to configuration, hardware and software, replicate customer environments and network problems in the lab.
- Be a customer advocate for timely resolution of the problems reported, understand the environment/network and influence business.
- Take ownership for problem resolution, problem reproduction.
- Be a fast learner and keep pace with newer technologies
- Participate in initiatives such as create Knowledge Base and Whitepapers.
- Interface internally with CFTS Lead Engineers, Engineering, and Advance Services teams on any critical customer escalations.
- Available to work in shifts and cover weekends rotations.
- Bachelor or master’s degree or equivalent in Electrical/Electronics/Computer/Telecommunication Engineering
- 0-1 years of experience in IP Network Routing domain - Troubleshooting, implementation, design etc.
- Excellent Customer handling and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- In depth knowledge of IP Packet flow
To be proficient in any 2 of the following technologies
- Layer 3 Technologies (OSPF, ISIS, BGP, ICMP, UDP, TCP, QoS, VRRP,)
- Layer 2 Technologies (Ethernet, VLAN, STP, ARP, LACP, stacking/virtual-chassis)
- Security Technologies (Firewalls, IPsec, GRE, IDP/IDS, IPS, Dos, clustering)
- Multicast technologies PIM, NG-MVPN
Prefer to have platform Knowledge (Routers/Switches/Firewalls) in one or more: Juniper, Cisco, Palo Alto, Arista, and others.
Traffic generators (Ixia, Agilent)/ traffic simulators, protocol analysers, testers etc.
Preferred Certifications – JNCIA/CCNA
Job Location: USA (Westford, MA / Herndon, VA / Houston, TX / Sunnyvale, CA)
In addition, you will join our comprehensive University Talent Program that fosters personal as well as professional growth, thoroughly preparing interns for the next step in their careers. Juniper internships are project-based, allowing interns to solve important problems, make lasting impacts on their teams, and contribute to the company’s overall objectives. Interns are mentored by some of the most talented and skillful innovators in the industry; you will connect with transformative thought leaders who promote disruptive ideas in their field. You will also participate in constructive professional workshops, company-wide community service initiatives, and an executive speaker series. You’ll build lasting friendships, expand your network, and connect with colleagues from around the world.
At Juniper Networks, you will not only have opportunities to build real-life, hands-on work experience – you’ll also have the chance to learn from the best and lay the groundwork for a successful career.
Juniper's 2022 internship program is expected to be conducted in-person at one of our campus locations pending COVID guidelines. Juniper Networks requires all onsite personnel to be vaccinated or have an approved Juniper vaccination exemption.