Who is Saint Louis University? Founded in 1818, Saint Louis University is one of the nation’s oldest and most prestigious Catholic universities. SLU, which also has a campus in Madrid, Spain, is recognized for world-class academics, life-changing research, compassionate health care, and a strong commitment to faith and service.
All About YouJob Summary:
Under general supervision, provides administrative support for the Economics, Finance, and Marketing Departments at the Chaifetz School of Business
- Co-ordination of travel itineraries, meetings, preparing documentation for trips of faculty
- Process expenses claims
- Manage visits of external speakers or visitors
- Book rooms for meetings
- Contribute to the production of documents, briefing papers, reports, presentations as may be required
- Coordinate and schedule department meetings
- Assist with graduate program recruiting
- Send emails to various student groups (such as seniors, juniors, student clubs etc.)
- Coordinate department events (such as speaker series, seminars, etc.)
- For Economics Department, coordinate communications between College of Arts and Science (for BA in economics majors) and the economics department in CSB
- Manage department email accounts
- Assist department faculty with teaching needs
- Update departments LinkedIn page
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills & Proficiencies:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented, with strong organizational skills
- Deadline-oriented, self-motivated, reliable, and responsive
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook), miscellaneous programs, Adobe Acrobat, Google Drive, and Google Sheets
Minimum Qualifications:Associate degree supplemented with one to three years of related work experience.
Vaccine ProtocolSaint Louis University requires COVID-19 vaccinations for all students, staff, and faculty who are physically present on our St. Louis campuses. As a prospective and/or a new employee at Saint Louis University, you will be/are required to comply with the University’s vaccination protocol. Proof of full vaccination is required before the start of employment in order to work at Saint Louis University. If you are not vaccinated, you are required to begin the vaccination process at the time of your first day of employment and submit proof of full vaccination within 30 days of your start date. Exemptions may be granted on the grounds of religious beliefs or medical circumstances. Failure to comply with the vaccine requirement within 30 days of an employee’s start date will result in termination of the employment.
Function Administrative Support/ Cross-functional Family
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 37.6
Saint Louis University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for the position applied for without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, gender identity, or other non-merit factors. We welcome and encourage applications from minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities (including disabled veterans). If accommodations are needed for completing the application and/or with the interviewing process, please contact Human Resources at 314-977-5847.