SummaryPosted: Sep 17, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and curiosity to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! Do you love thinking analytically? Just as our customers find value in Apple products, the Finance group finds value for both Apple and its shareholders. We are looking for a Finance Data Scientist to play an integral and global role in building the data foundations, delivering insights, and automating decisions for Apple’s Treasury team. You will act as an applied generalist and partner to apply analytical solutions to a various set of finance problems and demonstrate a good understanding of data engineering principles. Your ability to learn and problem solve sets you apart! This position will be located at our offices in Austin, TX.
Key Qualifications Key Qualifications
- 5+ years experience in data science applications and programming in Python and/or R with a bachelor's degree in finance, economics, accounting or related business focus
- 2+ years of experience with a graduate degree in economics, computer science, mathematics, quantitative finance, or other quantitative discipline
- Foundational knowledge of efficient data models for analytics
- Ability to build batch type, orchestrate data integrations
- Understand data validations and automated monitoring to ensure integrity and consistency in data pipelines
- Understand model ops and ML ops lifecycle – specifically as it relates to concept drift monitoring and proactive model maintenance
- Efficient python (or equivalent) programmer
- Experience writing shell script, bash / zsh and SQL in data warehouse and Cloud or ability to learn
In this role, you'll learn business processes, generate ideas, apply analytic methods. You will deal with disparate data and acquire, transform, analyze, and deliver results from curated sources and from challenging, unstructured sources. You will help to uncover relevant patterns, build intelligent solutions, deliver critical insights and provide decision support for your business partners. Your focus will be working with Treasury business partners and other operational teams to optimize cash flow management and automate business process. Your responsibilities will include but aren't limited to the following: Ability to explain technical details to non-technical audiences Values DRY principles, modularity, readability, supportability, and testing Realizes the difference between exploratory and production ready code Understand and advocate version control and code review Responsible for crafting your own data models Utilize process and data understanding as first principles versus iterating over algorithms and brute force solutions Apply time series forecasting methods at scale and managing model lifecycles and tabular data classification and regression Experience applying, and theoretical understanding of machine learning algorithms and statistical methods for regression and classification
Education & Experience Education & Experience
Bachelors degree in finance, economics, accounting or related business discipline and/or graduate degree in economics, computer science, mathematics, quantitative finance, or other quantitative discipline with two years of experience. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Additional Requirements Additional Requirements