Job DescriptionNorthvolt's Research and Development Laboratory (R&D Lab) executes the fabrication of new, novel lithium ion batteries as designed by our world class Cell Design Team. Our team are literally the first step in building and evaluating the next generation of lithium ion technology.
As a member of this team, you will primarily work in a dry & clean room, operating prototype cell production equipment to produce lithium ion cells. We generally work on a two-shift system, where one week is the morning shift, and the following week is an evening shift.
The person we are looking for is strongly goal oriented, curious and eager to learn. You will contribute to have a real impact on our success story in Sweden (to start with) and see the results of your work in cooperation with your colleagues. Our organization requires and values great self-discipline and a natural talent to make things happen. As R&D Technician, you are a vital member of the R&D Lab team and key to Northvolt's meaningful mission to enable the future of energy.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Operating complex, semi-automated manufacturing equipment with care and precision.
- Performing as a member of a strong team, which requires prompt attendance, reliability, open discussion, and trust.
- Willingness to perform ad hoc tasks as needed, such as moving materials to/from the warehouse, filling in for other team members, and engaging proactively in troubleshooting activities. Dynamic is key to teamwork!
- Strict adherence to the Lab's 5S policy, not only in function but in mindset.
- Excellent attention to and compliance with Northvolt's safety culture. This position will work with hazardous chemicals and requires a strong safety mindset.
- Moderate reading, writing, and speaking comprehension of English, Swedish is a plus. Due to Northvolt's multi-cultural roots, English is the common language in the workplace.
- Working knowledge of word processing programs, such as Microsoft Word.
- Ability to work under high pressure and tight deadlines, excellent time management.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as independently.
Desired (but not required) Additional Skills:
- Experience working in production line environments, especially those involving a clean room or dry room environment.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Excel & Powerpoint.
- Experience working with hazardous chemicals (powders, organics, acids/bases, etc.)
- Experience in a laboratory environment.
- Other unrelated "mad skills" such as welding, soldering, microelectronics, Arduino/programming, woodworking, etc.
Apply with CV and cover letter for this full time position, preferably in English, or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Great Place to Work
- World leading technique
- Top specialists as team peers
- International environment
- Fast paced & entrepreneurial culture
- Warrant program
- Wellness grant