Job DescriptionNorthvolt has an exciting opportunity for a Cell Test Technician to join our bold Quality team and play a key role in testing and evaluating the safety and performance of our production cells.
In joining us you will be an important part from the very start in establishing the cell testing laboratories of the first large scale European factory for Li-ion cells. Northvolt will play an important role in the transformation to a carbon free society.
You will be responsible for executing the work to high quality standards, including: procedures and documentation associated with the cell testing activities. Core responsibility will be to run and supervise the tests using a range of cutting-edge technology and keeping records of the tests and the results. You will work very closely with cell validation and the wider Quality organisation to ensure we have the relevant testing strategies in place to exceed customer expectations.
The Cell Test Technician will be able to operate cell testing equipment, mounting and dis-mounting jigs and cells, preparing reliable electrical connections and overseeing test progress and results. You have experience from working with various test equipment and product testing, preferably in the electronics industry and are used to structuring your work in an efficient way.
In general, you have experience in testing operations with different test equipment and work independently with a good sense of responsibility and commitment. Specifically, you have a deep understanding of working and cooperating cross-functionally in a multicultural environment with Validation, Quality and Production. You will be based at the facility in Skellefteå with occasional travel to Västerås.
The candidate should be analytical and logical with an ability to identify opportunities and improvements to drive increased quality through data driven approaches. The candidate should have strong technical and hands-on abilities in order to succeed in this role.
Key-responsibilities includes but are not limited to:
- Support with the installation and commissioning of a new lab
- Coordinate test strategies to customer requirements & standards
- Write test plans & procedures for cell testing
- Run tests according to schedule
- Share results with stakeholders
- Developing training material for new software and automation
- Provide useful feedback to cell design, validation & customer quality teams
- Contribute to the creation of new ways of working
- Support with trouble shooting
- Tracking lab documentation
The person we are looking for is a team player, curious and eager to learn. You will get the chance to have a real impact on our success story in Sweden. Our organisation requires and values great self-discipline and a natural talent to make things happen. The Cell Testing Technician is vital to Northvolt, ensuring we have a Quality product and a robust manufacturing process, since you will be testing cells directly after they have been produced.
Apply with CV and cover letter or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full time employment, fixed salary.
Skills & Requirements
- Relevant technical education
- Basic understanding of electric circuits and or new technology
- Some relevant work experience in test & technology environments
Additional Skills (Desired, but not Required)
- Experience of being a contributor within cross functional teams
- Experience of working with new software and data evaluation
- Excellent English written and oral skills, Swedish is a plus
- Proactive and goes beyond expectations
- Able to learn and acquire new information
- Ability to work under high pressure and tight deadlines, excellent time management
Personal success factors (Consider Bold – Passionate – Excellent)
- A self-starter who can adapt well in a fast paced work setting
- Motivated in pursuing solutions in complex projects with minimal supervision
- Can remain disciplined and results focused during periods of change
- Flexibility, sense of quality, friendliness, motivation to take on new challenges, grit and a sense of humour