SummaryPosted: Jul 27, 2021
The Video Applications group develops high-profile media creation applications used by millions of people. iMovie, Clips, Final Cut Pro X, Motion, and Compressor are state-of-the-art media authoring tools which consumers and creative professionals rely on for everything from broadcast news and feature films to documentaries and home movies. Our user base is passionate and loyal, and our products sit at the center of a rich partner ecosystem in a vibrant industry. The Video Applications team is seeking a senior UI engineer to help drive the design and user interface components of applications for video content creation with a particular focus on iOS and iPadOS user experiences. You should have significant experience in user interface implementation and application architecture as well as iOS frameworks and design patterns.
Key Qualifications Key Qualifications
- 8+ years software development experience.
- Strong skills in Swift, Objective-C, and C/C++.
- Deep knowledge of SwiftUI, UIKit, CoreAnimation and AutoLayout.
- Experience with complex MVC patterns and Modular UI Design.
- Experience with multi-threading, concurrent programming, memory management, and performance optimization.
- Proven track record in developing and shipping high quality software products.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work closely with others.
- Familiarity with content creation tools is an added plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Self-driven and thrives when facing open-ended tasks.
This is an extraordinary opportunity to join the team responsible for Final Cut Pro X, iMovie, and Clips. In this role you will participate in the creation of world-class video editing applications whose usage crosses the gamut between students, consumers, and professionals. You will be challenged to find creative solutions to technical problems, feel comfortable working with complex systems and large data sets, develop short-term and long-term solutions based on schedule constraints, collaborate in a team environment, and communicate technical concepts across a broad multi-disciplinary organization. You will go beyond industry norm and demonstrate creativity in problem solving, think dynamically outside of standard convention, and adapt quickly to new technical environments. We promote innovation to improve our product performance and stay deeply focused on delighting our users.
Education & Experience Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science preferred.
Additional Requirements Additional Requirements