A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
Job Location: EMD Performance Materials Corporation, 70 Meister Ave, Branchburg, New Jersey 08876
Responsibilities:In particular, the Research Scientist will be responsible for the following:
- Operate FAB and materials testing tools for product development and application support activities in assigned areas;
- Conduct characterization of new materials and optimization of new formulations further to improve performance of the products targeted;
- Summarize test results in adequate technical reports and data packages;
- Provide strong support to customers and internally to marketing, local sales, and product engineering group.
Requirements and Qualifications:Education and Experience Requirements:
Employer requires a PhD degree in Polymer Science, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or a related material science field and must have at least one year of research experience covering semiconductor related materials, structure, and applications of polymers gained through industry work experience or experience in conjunction with completion of doctoral program in related field.
- Demonstrated ability in the development or application of electronic materials for application in semiconductor industry, including printing technology, gained through one year of work experience or completion of at least two graduate level courses covering each of the topics (coursework may cover more than one topic at a time) or completion of a doctoral dissertation covering the topics;
- Demonstrated knowledge in surface chemistry, surface characterization, and surface modifications of electronic materials gained through one year of work experience or completion of at least two graduate level courses covering each of the topics (coursework may cover more than one topic at a time) or completion of a doctoral dissertation covering the topics; and
- Demonstrated knowledge of electronic materials gained through one year of work experience or completion of at least two graduate level courses covering each of the topics (coursework may cover more than one topic at a time) or completion of a doctoral dissertation covering the topics.
All years of experience may be gained concurrently.
This position is eligible for the EMD Performance Materials Corporation’s Employee Referral Program.
Qualified candidates should apply via USPS to:
ATTN: Req #225496
400 Summit Drive
Burlington, MA 01803
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.