The overall function of the Project Quality Engineer is to ensure that the manufacturing process is capable of producing product that meets the customer engineering design record and specification requirements.
Promote proactive tasks and activities to drive a Zero Defect launch including a seamless hand-off to the Production Quality function during Phase 4 of the AS100 project.
Represents the voice of the customer and manufacturing process within AS100 projects. Leads and mentors the team in AS100 Quality tasks.
As a member of the AS100 CFT from TG0 to TG4 located in the plant, Project Quality is responsible to ensure that the product and manufacturing process are developed together in a consistent way.
- Act as the voice of the plant and actively participate in AS100 Project CFT from Tollgate 0 to Tollgate 4.
- Attend and participate in Design Reviews.
- Ensure alignment between D and PFMEA, control plan, CC/SC list, and drawings.
- Responsible for pre-production and production control plan and Quality check of prototype control plan.
- Responsible to cascade customer project specific Quality requirements to the plant.
- Ensure that parts shipped by the plant (including prototypes) are meeting specifications approved in Tollgate 0 to Tollgate 3.
- In charge of handover of Quality tasks to Production Quality during Tollgate phase 4.
- Attend all project meetings, all major milestones preparation and all Tollgate recommendation reviews.
- Supports Project Manager/Project Team Leader in customer APQP.
- Prepares initial PPAP by collecting relevant documents and verifies submission.
- Moderates problem solving activities within project when 8D is required.
- Supports Yokoten and Lessons Learned as any other team member.
- Supports customer visits related to the project.
- Responsible for Manufacturing Release Process.
- Review and approve PPAP from internal supplier.
- Supports PFMEA Go, See and Fix.
- Verifies lab test gauges, fixtures, etc. with Engineering.
- Verifies that LAT and COP plans are agreed by customer.
- Verifies proper forecasting of calibration parts, go/no go gauges, master samples and ensure functional effectiveness.
- Creates AS412 instructions and collects results until production for saleable vehicles.
- Must be willing to travel
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor in Engineer is preferred
- Knowledge of AIAG Core tools and Customer Specific Requirements is preferred.
- 3 years in Production and/or Quality environment is preferred.
- 5 - 7 years of Automotive Industry experience is preferred.
Job closes 6/24/2021