The Junior Accountant will support the Finance Supervisor to manage the integrity of the financial statements, and delivery of all internal and external reporting.
The main purpose of the role is to ensure that the financial results are correctly accounted for and reported by:
- Actively contributing towards the monthly financial process including:
- Preparation of monthly accruals and prepayments
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations
- Maintenance of fixed asset register and associated depreciation
- Invoice analysis for key cost lines including fleet and damage
- Preparation of monthly revenue reconciliations
- Variance analysis vs forecast and comparative periods
- Supporting Accountant III to maintain the internal controls environment in the local finance team.
- Assisting with the delivery of monthly, quarterly and annual reporting schedules for both internal and external reporting purposes.
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations and an ongoing review of processes to identify any efficiency savings and control opportunities.
- Assisting with cash flow forecasting, management, and reporting.
- Assisting in the year-end process including statutory account preparation and liaising with auditors.
- Supporting ad hoc cost and revenue improvement projects with FP&A and operational departments.
The role will require the candidate to work with several cross-function departments for example accounts payable, accounts receivable, fleet operations, facilities, payroll, HR, and rental operation teams.
- The monthly financial close process
- Monthly and quarterly reporting
- Preparation of Balance sheet reconciliations
- Maintenance of internal controls
- Ad hoc Scandinavia and EMEA projects
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Part Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACA/ACCA or equivalent)
- 1 years experience in financial accounting
- Analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Pro-active approach with confidence to review processes and suggest and implement process improvements.
- Previous accounting experience ideally with cash flow management, financial controls and month end reporting.
- Ability to prioritise workload, meet deadlines, and deliver high-quality customer service.
- Self-motivated and wanting to make a difference, with a track record of achievements.
- Ability to maintain high standards of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Advanced Excel skills (required) with a history of using large data sets (desired)