About GLOBALFOUNDRIES:GLOBALFOUNDRIES is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world’s most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GLOBALFOUNDRIES makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is owned by Mubadala Investment Company. For more information, visit www.globalfoundries.com.
Summary of Role:
Looking for a motivated candidate to work with the LVS team on leveraging machine learning for QA flow automation applications. The candidate will work with different LVS development and QA teams to develop SPEC for in addition implementation of QA automation tasks using machine learning.
This internship position will support our Santa Clara, California location with the ability to work remotely.
Essential Responsibilities Include:
- Work with DRC/LVS/CDSLIB/PEX QA teams to understand the automation requirements using machine learning
- Implement automation script based on LVS team requests SPECs
- Leverage machine learning to automate LVS development and QA flows
- Analyze automation requirements from LVS development and QA teams to identify other Machine learning opportunities
- Provide clear documentation on developed scripts usage and development
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- Enrolled in BS/MS in Computer Science, Microelectronics or equivalent degree
- At least two years of experience (including coursework) in Software development (EDA or Semiconductor related is a plus)
- Good programming skills using Python and Perl
- Fluency in English Language – written & verbal
- Previous Semiconductor experience
- Knowledge of DRC/LVS/CDSLIB/PEX EDA tools
- Programming knowledge using skill
- Demonstrated machine learning experience
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.