Part of Networks department, Infra team is covering to 40 countries.
Planning Role within Infra is ensuring our sites are fulfilling our internal and external customer needs.
Define the right size of sites and their design including power allocation in AC & DC, cooling with the relevant redundancy.
Gather information from diverse departments & Data Systems to design the right size site.
Support the Telia Carrier processes all OSS/BSS will be used as required (Operation Support System / Billing Support System).
Follow Sites Infra Equipment for design improvement & EOL replacement.
Infra Planners are working closely with Network Managers who are in charge of the implementation for Site Growth, EOL equipment Replacement, NE or Customer installation. Infra Planners are also fully following some implementation from Design Stage to RFU.
- Answer Requests from Sales Department based on Customer’s needs, finance & technical.
- Answer Requests from Networks other Departments to support Organic Growth or Projects Deployment, finance & technical.
- Define the requirements to get the needed offer from Vendors with Procurement Support.
- Do registrations/reservations in all Data Systems.
- When projects are launched get the financial approval and HO to NM for implementation or follow implementation.
- Improve sites efficiency where Telia Carrier is managing Facilities.
- Follow EOL Infra equipment and update CAPEX investment plan accordingly.
- Keep data updated in Infra SharePoint and all other relevant Systems.
- Support bids/solution process with required inputs and activities.
- Support product development with required inputs and activities.
- Follow Site Profitability and advice on upgrade/downgrade.
- Build Business case when Site upgrade is needed.
- Support the Opex and Capex forecasting process for Infrastructure International costs and contracts.
- Ensure all local OSS/BSS systems are updated and accurate (Technical Information, contract & Costs follow-up).
- Responsible for site infrastructure capacity such as cooling, power systems across their life cycle and ensure that their capacity is optimised to best support the business need.
- Co-ordination of any external engineering contractors when required.
- Co-ordination of any external suppliers when required.
- Provide all requested reports, using SQL, QLIK, R…
- Work closely with Other Networks Planners to adapt sites design with IP & Transmission future needs.
- Actual Covered Area is US, Canada, Mexico, this can be updated with future growth.
- Mix Planning/Implementation activities.
- Based in NY City, office is in Long Island Rockville Center.
- Power/Cooling knowledge, Business Case building, Data Analysis.
- Sites have to be designed as close as possible to the needed expectation; space & power should be followed accurately.
Last application date2021-03-26
Contact informationXavier Lombard