Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Software and Services
SummaryPosted: Nov 25, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Come to join the Information Systems & Technology (IS&T) network team that support Apple’s corporate network. Our team is responsible for taking care of Apple’s large scale enterprise network infrastructure covering project deployments, operation excellence and automation. Candidates will have a solid background in network infrastructure implementation and support, and bearing the mindset to proactively look for automation opportunities in troubleshooting and administration tasks. Experience in scripting network automation tools such as Python, Ansible, Perl etc. will be highly recommended. This person will need to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and deliver solutions across a complex network. Must be a collaborative team player and participate in active network discussions and solutions.
Key Qualifications Key Qualifications
- Experience in installing, configuring & troubleshooting Cisco routers, switches, firewall/vpn devices, Palo Alto firewalls, etc.
- Knowledge & experience in networking technologies such as Ethernet, ATM, VPLS, MPLS, ISDN, IPSec, VLANs, HSRP, TCP/IP, PPP, EIGRP, BGP, QoS, Multicast, ACLs, VPNs, IP Tel, VoIP, Structured Cabling etc.
- Knowledge & experience in overlay and underlay technologies (VXLAN, EVPN,etc.)
- Experience in network security in ACL, Firewall, intrusion detection, anti-malware, etc.
- Knowledge & experience of network automation methodologies and solution with scripting tools (Python, Ansible etc.).
- Knowledge & experience of Network Function Virtualization (NFV) architecture.
- Experience in using network management tools for performance, tuning, troubleshooting and capacity planning E.g. Cisco PRIME, Concord eHealth, EtherPeek, InterMapper, MRTG, Cacti etc.
- Experience in UNIX Sys Admin and setting up UNIX DNS, DHCP, Web, Ftp, Mail, VPN and other Internet Services.
- Experienced in operating complex large-scale networks.
- Self-starter, self-motivated, self-directed and self-sufficient
As a member of the IS&T network team, the successful candidate will be responsible for designing, deploying, managing & support Great China/APAC enterprise including WANs, LANs, WLANs, Internet Gateways, Firewalls & Remote Access infrastructures. You will be able to work directly with the business to quickly identify their needs and provide an appropriate solution in-line with Apple global standards. You will provide 24x7 management & support of Great China/APAC network and telecoms infrastructure, present APAC effectively in any global/regional technical discussions of initiatives. You will drive the effort to define the network automation opportunities and develop the tools with scripting tools. The successful candidate will also need to demonstrate leadership and collaboration skills with Apple’s cross-functional teams to build and maintain the networking infrastructure. Responsibilities also include development and maintaining of clear documentations/procedures associated with designing and implementing new deployments, as well as sustaining operations, while obsessing over minute details to drive operational excellence in every aspect of their work to deliver the best customer experience possible to our users. This role is based in Shanghai, directly reporting to the IS&T Network Team Manager, with strong dotted line reporting to regional Network Services team.
Education & Experience Education & Experience
- BS or equivalent education ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS - Personal Effectiveness: Creative Thinking, Learning Agility, Flexible and shows initiative. - Project management, process management, problem-solving & presentation skills. - Able to work as part of a virtual global/regional team with cultural, language, and time zone differences. - Able to deal with ambiguity and work independently with minimal supervision/guidance. - Fluent spoken and written English and Chinese preferred - Regular domestic/international travels may be required - Early morning or late night calls may be required
Additional Requirements Additional Requirements
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.