Team Name: CinematicsPipeline TD, Generalist, CinematicsR003678
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented, motivated, and experienced Generalist TD to join the Blizzard Animation Team. This position will facilitate the support of various front-end departments focusing on Previz, Modeling and Concepting. You should have a thorough knowledge of animation, modeling, and layout tools used in the CG/VFX industry, as well as related cross pipeline workflows. In addition you will also implement tools and workflow automation, as well as work with technical and art supervisors to determine tool requirements, and asset needs for various front end teams. Must be excellent communicator.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Expert Python development and debugging skills.
- Thorough understanding of techniques, and technologies relating to CG front end pipelines, and workflow
- Excellent working knowledge of Maya.
- Experience with Qt, PyQt, PySide.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in developing tools, and implementing process improvements in a CG production environment.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Technical support focused
- Familiarity with animation and rigging pipelines
- C, C++ programming experience
- Experience with Alembic, USD and other industry standard formats/APIs
- Able to create workflows or tools in new unfamiliar areas
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar field
- Familiar with Blizzard games and Cinematics
Submission / Portfolio Requirements
- Resume (PDF of your resume please!)
- Cover Letter
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.