Junior Electrical Engineer
Lexington Park, MD US
Lexington Park, MD US
Job DescriptionCACI is seeking an Electrical Engineer who will work as part of a team of other Network Engineers, Systems Engineers, Mechanic Technicians, Field Engineers, and other Subject Matter Experts. At the CACI Special Programs Division in Lexington Park, MD, there will be a lot of opportunities to learn and perform in the team environment to support the development, design, and integration of C5ISR systems.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Responsible for designing, developing, modifying and evaluating electronic parts, components, integrated circuitry for electronic equipment, other hardware systems, or electrical engineering applications. Duties may include analyzing equipment to establish operating data, conducting experimental tests and evaluating results as well as selecting components and equipment based on analysis of specifications and reliability.
- Demonstrates ability to think innovatively in their work product and solutions.
- Responsible for making changes in technical systems and processes to solve problems.
- May assist Project Manager’s in the development of schedules and ensuring design projects are completed on time and on budget.
- Identifies, defines and addresses problems that are not immediately evident but typically not complex. Problems are typically within the immediate technical job area. Problems are typically solved through drawing from prior experiences or established procedures and basic analysis.
- Work with a diverse set of contractors and customer personnel using strong interpersonal skills to contribute to the assessment, integration, testing and fielding of wide raging technologies, and advanced concepts.
- Translate customer’s requirement to working concepts and designs, brief status and demos to government and community stakeholders, and provide technical recommendations.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- BS / MS in Electrical or Electronics Engineering.
- Understanding of development of test systems, electro-mechanical design, mechanical systems or avionics systems.
- A solid understanding of electrical and electronic circuits, such as wiring harnesses and cabling.
- Good communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to work within a team environment.
- Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Travel may be required for meetings and/or site surveys.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Active Secret or Top Secret clearance.
- Practical electrical engineering experience in electronic systems design
- Experience in evaluation of components for reverse engineering replacement or repair.
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
Job LocationUS-Lexington Park-MD-MARYLAND SUBURBAN
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.