Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, and Club Monaco, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands.
Versatile Designer of Performance Knits for Women's and Girls Polo. Need a strong Designer who can balance multiple brands in a fast paced environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Research the market as it pertains to product, trim and graphic/ techniques.Create inspiration boards.
- In collaboration with the Concept Design team; receive direction, inspiration/rig from CD to prepare for seasonal kickoff
- Create CADs according to design briefs and line plans
- Create design boards for design presentation to design leadership
- Choose/provide development direction for fabrication, components, trims, yarns
- Choose graphics from Graphics team
- Create layouts for graphics
- Choose and finalize prints
- Approve proto for aesthetics
- Attend required fittings and partner with technical teams on garment fits & adjustments
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design or related field
- 5 + years of related design experience
- Proficient in hand sketching and illustration.
- Proven ability to lead the team to create a design offering that captures the vision of creative direction and is aligned with commercial merchandising strategy
Designer, Performance Knits
- to search results