Beijing, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Shenzhen
Technology & digital
Who We AreBoston Consulting Group partners with leaders in business and society to tackle their most important challenges and capture their greatest opportunities. BCG was the pioneer in business strategy when it was founded in 1963. Today, we help clients with total transformation-inspiring complex change, enabling organizations to grow, building competitive advantage, and driving bottom-line impact.
To succeed, organizations must blend digital and human capabilities. Our diverse, global teams bring deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives to spark change. BCG delivers solutions through leading-edge management consulting along with technology and design, corporate and digital ventures—and business purpose. We work in a uniquely collaborative model across the firm and throughout all levels of the client organization, generating results that allow our clients to thrive.
BCG has a long history of driving growth by embracing innovation and new ways of thinking. Through DigitalBCG, we bring together a diverse mix of consultants and digital specialists to ensure that we are supporting our clients throughout their digital transformation journeys. We work with our clients to fully understand the impact of digital on their business and set priorities that will transform their vision into value. Whether it be developing new technologies to support their core business, making better use of their data, or pursuing entirely new sources of revenue, our aim is to achieve radical improvements in productivity, flexibility, and speed. We are innovating how our clients are using artificial intelligence, robotic process automation, internet of things, personalization, blockchain technologies, and more to gain competitive advantage.
DigitalBCG encompasses a broad set of data, digital, and technology capabilities from BCG consulting teams and practices, along with our business units such as BCG Digital Ventures, BCG Platinion, and BCG GAMMA.
What You'll DoExecute Marketing and Personalization related assignments
- Collaborate with BCG and client leaders, brings deep marketing technology expertise to the team, on topics such as, but not limited to, technology requirements, technology assessments technology vendor landscape and technology innovation that can help clients drive incremental value
- Support case teams, especially those with need for deep and hands-on approach, as an individual contributor on a marketing or personalization topic, or as an advisor to the overall project
- Act as project oversight for an entire case or at a module level on select topic. Owns project process, content and day-to-day client interactions. Equally capable to “roll up sleeves” to deliver flawless pilot/MVP execution.
- Ensure high quality of work, and relevance of the strategic and operational recommendations.
- Guide marketing technology vendors to assess fit with specific client requirements
- Enable client's in-house teams on the understanding of usage and benefits of specific marketing technologies
- Help assess overall costs and value that implementation of such technologies can bring to the client organization
Build Marketing and Advertising Technology Expertise within BCG and increase BCG’s profile externally
- Create awareness of BCG expertise and capabilities to the external community; participate in key industry forums, including presenting on topics relevant to senior management
- Engage BCG's internal community to create awareness of BCG's expertise and capabilities, with a strong focus on generating client/commercial interest
- Drive the development and improvement of methodology and tools
- Develop and contribute to BCG's intellectual capital - work on BCG knowledge content projects to develop new techniques and/or capture new ideas to further the intellectual capital in the topic areas
- Create a set of knowledge IP based on casework and experiential expertise
- Contribute to BCG perspectives which are shared with alumni and clients
- Work on articles in external journals and/or industry trade magazines
- Participate in the recruiting of other experts and training efforts
Support the Business Development of Marketing & Advertising technologies opportunities
- Present client proposals and manages related discussions
- Key for proposal creation and presentation: provide content expertise around specific topics; acts as key topic content lead for proposals or other business development work
- Contribute to the development of additional business beyond the delivery of recommendations on Client engagements
What You'll Bring (Experience & Qualifications)
The ideal candidate possesses:
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience in consulting (system implementation or marketing operations) or a combination of industry (internal implementation of marketing technologies or working for different marketing technology vendors as a solutions consultant) and consulting experience
- More than 2 years of responsibility for implementing different marketing technologies
- More than 4 years of hands-on experience working marketing technologies in a marketing operation capacity
- At least 5 years of client management and business development
- Demonstrated implementation success across industries and for large enterprises in both B2B and B2C
- Graduate of a leading graduate program
- Strong knowledge of the marketing technology landscape including the key players (e.g. Salesforce, Adobe, Oracle, IBM, Pega, Marketo), and experience deploying omnichannel campaigns
- Working knowledge of advertising technology platforms and their testing and analytics capabilities
- Pulse on marketing technology key trends, areas of innovation and key value drivers
- Practical understanding of the technical and organizational challenges and complexity of implementing marketing technology solutions
- Analysis and interpretation of data through a business and economic lens
- Project management
- Team management and mentorship
- Creativity and resourcefulness
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills
- Relationship-building and emotional intelligence
Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under national, provincial, or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.
BCG is an E-Verify Employer. for more information on E-Verify.