Master Thesis - Improvement of current simulation enviroment
Date: Jan 2, 2021
Location:Stockholm, STM, SE
Master Thesis - Improvement of current simulation enviroment-TRCS-SEST02403847
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
If you’re ambitious, driven and team-spirited Master Student, this is your opportunity to build a thesis that can Improve the current simulation enviroment. Based in Stockholm, Sweden.
Purpose of the job
- Because we are developing high availability safety critical applications it is important to have good feedback mechanisms to know which type of defects that slip through our current testing efforts. Today we do not measure this on a regular basis. Therefore, it would be a good initiative to identify which and how many of our known defects that slip through our current test activities of component testing, sub-system testing, system testing and to the customer.
- As a Student, your role consist to analyse and document the current simulation environment in system test in relation to real life conditions. Also, to collect data as required, identify possibilities for improvements, and propose and execute those improvements.
- Software with known faults from previous testing has to be tested both in current environment and in the new environment. The new environment refers to the simulated environment with implemented improvements proposed by this thesis. Detection rate of failure modes should be measured in current and new test environment to see if improvements in the test environment leads to known defects (failure modes) being detected.
1. Describe the current test environment on system and sub-system level.
2. Acquire data for real life operating conditions (with operational scenarios).
3. Identify gaps and possibilities for improvement.
4. Develop and implement solutions.
5. Research technical details of failure modes that slipped through testing (not being detected). Identify Root Causes, failure mode triggers and measure Failure Rates. Investigate why they slipped through testing without detection.
6. Test the solutions in comparison to known faults detection rate. It should be tested how good the implemented improvements in the test systems actually are or will be. Can we detect the failure mode now every time we test?
- Perform analysis as of above described content
- Document your result in a report
- Present the result
- Masters student in Computer Science, Electronics or other equivalent Engineering discipline
- Programming skills in Object Oriented programming language C++/C#
- Understanding of packet based communication technologies & Bus systems
- Good communication skills in English
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
In case of equal qualification, severely disabled persons employed in the company are to be given priority over other applicants when filling jobs suitable for them.
Job: System Integration
Primary Location: SE-STM-Stockholm
Employee Status: Limited Term
Job Posting: 04.11.2020, 7:40:47 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Job Segment: Environmental Engineering, Genetics, Engineer, Computer Science, Engineering, Science, Research, Technology