Saint Louis, Missouri, USA
Job Title Financial Analyst (Asset Services)
Job Description Summary This person will work on the Asset Services corporate team supporting account management and strategic accounts. The group provides oversight of important national accounts, helping to ensure quality and consistency across the platform. The group is also involved in new-business pursuits and client special projects. The Financial Analyst will initially play a support role for the team, eventually taking on more client responsibilities.
- Review financial statements for accuracy, format and timeliness, and work with Accountants and/or Property Managers to make any needed changes
- Review and/or prepare budgets and cam reconciliations
- Review major monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting prior to it going to the client
- Ensure overall client satisfaction and discuss/implement improvement initiatives for each client.
- Assist with creating policies and procedures specifically tailored to clients’ needs. Train and enforce these procedures across the asset services platform
- Provide strategic oversight to improve the service delivery model for each client
- Provide a dotted-line oversight of accounting operations for a client, working closely with the client accounting team assigned to that client.
- Train and assist property managers with support needed on client reporting and other deliverables
- Ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures such as SOC1, AR, AP, etc.
- Prepare monthly management fee models
- Attend client calls or meetings to discuss the overall service delivery and platform initiatives
- Prepare tenant, CAM, special reports, or other property management items, as required
- Work on new business pitch pursuits
- Apply the financial policies and procedures of the company and/or client and bring inconsistencies and problems to the attention of management
- Discuss and train accounting/financial topics with colleagues who may not be proficient at accounting.
- Perform special projects as assigned
- Bachelor Degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance or Real Estate
- 2+ years relevant accounting, finance or real estate experience preferred (Or any similar combination of education and experience)
- Prior experience with accounting or database software packages
- Basic knowledge of commercial real estate preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Intermediate or higher skill level with Microsoft Excel
- Effective and efficient time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service
- Excellent interpersonal skills with high initiative, flexibility, and team approach to work
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to interact with all levels both internal and external
- Involves work of a general office nature; typically includes extended periods of sitting and/or operation of a computer for up to 8 hours a day
- Regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to write and type
- Ability to speak clearly so others can understand you
- Ability to read and understand information and ideas presented orally and in writing
- Ability to communicate information and ideas in writing and orally so others will understand
- Regularly required to utilize vision abilities, allowing reading of printed material, graphics, and computer displays