Job Title: Field Service Engineer, Electron Microscopy - Sweden
Requisition ID: 132833BR
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit .
Do you want to be a part of a company known to be a fast-paced global leader in serving science? Are you passionate about making a difference and providing professional service for high-tech equipment? Then you might be the person we are looking for!
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a global company dedicated to improving the human condition and advancing research in industry. Our systems and value-added services enable our customers to conduct cutting-edge scientific research and develop Nobel Prize winning techniques.
We are looking for a Field Service Engineer to join our Nordics team, the position will be based in the Stockholm region and you will be covering primarily the Nordic region.
How will you make an impact?
You will become a part of the Europe North Materials and Structural Analysis Field Service team, servicing Electron Microscopes. You enjoy being on the road and can expect to be travelling up to 50% of your time, primarily to our customer sites within the Nordic countries with opportunities to support colleagues within Europe from time to time.
This role suits someone who enjoys working in a high-paced environment. Your proactive approach, team spirit and eagerness to continuously develop your skills are what will ultimately drive our success. Our organization is developing, and we guarantee an interesting and challenging position in an international environment with opportunity for professional and personal growth.
What will you do?
- Performing field service activities, including on-site installation, upgrades, preventive maintenance and system repairs.
- Solving a broad range of hardware and/or software problems of varying scope and complexity
- Coordinating your own work schedule with direct colleagues, service operations and management.
- Instructing customers in the use of our instruments to ensure safe and effective customer operations
- Providing proactive and responsive technical telephone and email support, ensuring that our customers are successful in the use of their instrumentation
- Producing timely and accurate reports of your activities: e.g. service reports and expense reports
- Assuring highest level of Customer Experience to achieve customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Providing sales leads to account manager
- Providing feedback to support teams for correcting system documentation and updating procedures.
How will you get here?
- Bsc or MSc degree or equivalent qualification in mechatronics, electronics/engineering or other applicable experience in a high-tech environment.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Driving license required
- Analytical trouble shooting and problem-solving abilities
- Good IT skills, including TCP/IP networking
- Excellent communication skills in English, verbal and in writing. Swedish and other Nordic language skills are preferred
- Independent, service-minded and educational in the approach towards customers
- Highly organized, on top of things and in control of administrative work, including service reports and customer queries, also when being in the field and the pace is high
- A strong team contributor, working remotely with the ability to connect with colleagues in the region
- Commercial mindset
- A natural interest in staying up to date with trends in technology and IT
- Self-starter, likes to be challenged
- Knowledge of Electron Microscopes is an advantage but not a requirement
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.