Do you have a passion for FMCG? Do you have experience with building strong activation plans? And are you eager to develop your skills further and to be challenged? Now is your chance! British American Tobacco Nordics is currently looking for a new Paid Media Executive. The position is based in our ambitious and dynamic Brand Activation team in Malmö.
Being at the forefront of the business, the role of the Brand Activation team is to ensure a seamless development and delivery of activation plans. It is essential that BAT can recommend activation strategies in accordance with the consumer trends and drive the transformation of Brand Activation.
An extraordinary confluence of technology, societal change and public health awareness has created a unique opportunity: the opportunity to make a substantial leap forward in our long-held ambition to provide our consumers with potentially risk reduced products. You will help deliver our strategy of shifting the business from a traditional tobacco company to a provider of next generation nicotine products. Your knowledge and passion are what matters, because that’s what will shape our future.
As our new colleague in the Brand Activation team, you will be working with fellow passionate and creative marketing professionals. We are a dynamic team who work hard towards the same goal. Common to the whole team is our drive to grow as an organization, grow as individuals and transform the tobacco industry. All the while, we still have a fun.
You will support the growth of digital within BAT with a special focus on day to day operations of media buying and media campaigns, optimizing and evaluating performance to improve traffic and engagement.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing monthly media budget recommendation by media channel including forecasting
- Co-creating media investment strategies with our digital media agency partners to uncover the media habits of our target audience, define a media approach based on business objectives, finalize and execute a media plan to address our business objectives
- Monitoring and managing campaign schedules, performance as well as making recommendations to maximize campaign efficiency.
- Reporting on media performance providing recommendations regarding optimizations with the focus of achieving/exceeding campaign KPI’s & goals
- Providing campaign analysis to internal team with the goal of extracting the performance story of each campaign and how we can use this data to shape future decision making
- Planning, tracking and reporting on digital marketing budget aligned with current planning and reporting structure
- Owning the relationship with our digital media partners
- Embedding digital as a new focus area: Engage, motivate and educate the organization on digital
- Bringing Paid media to the next level of automatization and personalization
As the ideal candidate you are passionate about digital marketing and up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in digital. You have strong analytical skills and are a data-driven thinker and paired with your solid knowledge of paid media you will quickly succeed in the role.
You possess excellent consulting, communication and engagement skills, coupled with the ability to influence senior stakeholders in establishing / delivering digital agenda and metrics to meet strategic objectives.
You have a Minimum of 2+ years of experience in a digital Marketing role where you have proved your ability to learn quickly and that you are detail and deadline oriented.
To succeed in the role, you have:
- Strong understanding of key marketing principles: consumer needs and journey, user experience, target audience, etc.
- Experience in digital advertising including online media buying, campaign management, performance analysis and Programmatic media (Google Ads, Facebook Ad Manager, YouTube etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of web Analytics – Google Analytics experience is preferable
- Strong knowledge of media metrics used to measure and explain consumer behaviour
- Experience in driving traffic to websites and optimizing towards engagement and conversions
- Be able to bring new/out of the box ideas for media activations in the digital space
- Research and records trends, innovations, and changes that affect media buying
- Outstanding collaborative skills, with the ability to engage and work in partnership with marketing community
- Ability, tenacity and drive to navigate through ambiguity and deliver commercially relevant solutions effectively.
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Strong organizational skills and able to solve problems proactively
- A commitment to self-development.
Experience from the FMCG industry and fluency in one of the Scandinavian languages is considered an advantage, but not a requirement.
The starting date is as soon as possible, and we’ll conduct on going interviews. The job post will be removed as soon as we have the right candidate, so don’t wait too long before you submit your application through our global job portal.
If you have any questions, feel free to send an e-mail to: NEAtalent@bat.com
Working at British American Tobacco Nordics
In BAT Nordics, we have an enthusiastic and passionate culture. We take pride in being a diverse team and to work across functions and markets, utilizing each other’s unique strengths. With over twenty different nationalities, it is safe to say that our work environment is highly international and diverse. We believe in developing our employees, which is why we have a strong coaching culture, where leaders are instructed and encouraged to constantly coach their employees, so everyone can maximize their full potential. We are proud of the external recognition we receive each year for our standing as a leading employer in countries worldwide. British American Tobacco is certified as Top Employer in 2019 as a result of the exceptional employee conditions and the way we nurture and develop talent throughout all levels of the organization.