Date: Jan 17, 2021
Location:Hassleholm, SKA, SE
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Bombardier Transportation is the number one provider of rail solutions in the world. Our business holds number one global market position in eight of the ten markets we service. Our products portfolio includes a full range of passenger rail vehicles and we manufacture locomotives, bogies, propulsion, and rail control solutions.
We are looking for Signalling Engineers for our Rail Control Solutions Division in Stockholm and in Hässleholm.
Rail Control Solutions (RCS) is a world leader in developing, engineering, and installing rail control and signalling safety systems, products, and services. RCS enables the safe and efficient operation of rail networks and trains.
As a Signalling Engineer you will be part of the Rail Control Solutions division team within region North, and you will be working with ETCS/ERTMS (European Train Control System/European Rail Traffic Management System), as part of the wayside system.
The main responsibility in the role as Software Railway Signalling Engineer is to configure parameters in the software of the interlocking system in order to fulfil the railway signalling requirements stated in the Signalling System Configuration.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Railway signaling system design of a specific application with safety requirements.
- Decide about technical solutions related to application design/SW Configuration.
- Follow applicable internal and external railway rules and regulations.
- Create and deliver specific application documentation to secure quality and safety.
- Follow applicable internal procedures for Configuration and Change Management.
- Perform bid estimations.
- Cooperation with employees within the team and department to continuously improve system knowledge and improve way of working.
- Analyze and understand system requirements for the railway signaling system.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering or any other equivalent field or work experience.
- Relevant experience required in a similar role (i.e. directly linked to the requirements of the position/role).
- Safety and system related engineering experience.
- Experience of development according to safety standards such as CENELEC (EN50126, EN50128, EN50129) or equivalent.
- Computer knowledge for example installation of operating systems, drivers and network configuration.
- Relevant experience working with requirements, specifications and documentation of complex technical systems.
- Railway signalling knowledge will be preferred.
- Phyton and Linux knowledge.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Why work for us?
Everywhere we operate, we reward effort and initiative.
You are encouraged to ask questions and empowered to make decisions.
As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to create a stimulating and open workplace which fosters teamwork, fairness, respect, and diversity.
We are helping create a better world.
About Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology, and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers, and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Primary Location: SE-SKA-Hassleholm
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 27.07.2020, 6:17:05 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Job Segment: Genetics, Engineer, Linux, Change Management, Science, Engineering, Technology, Management