The Koenigsegg embedded team is responsible for designing and developing software and electronics for the in-vehicle infotainment system, electronic control units (ECU) and supporting tools. We are working very closely with the other engineering departments, production and service/aftersales. We are now looking to expand the team with a skilled and experienced software engineer with the ability to transform product requirements and production needs to state of the art solutions and also further advance the embedded system technologies in our cars.
The responsibilities associated with this position puts a strong requirement on your ability to cooperate with other departments in other technical domains. The development activities are primarily focused on the embedded systems (ECU management and electromechanical integrations).
- Design and debug application level software, both in embedded systems and desktop environments.
- Formulate and prototype new concepts.
- Support our production and service departments.
- Work with a small, agile cross-functional team of hardware engineers, application/UI software engineers, QA/Validation, and designers.
- Participate in the development of our way of working.
- Fluency in the English language.
- Proficient in C and C++.
- High standards for code quality, maintainability, and performance.
- Experience in writing and shipping customer-facing code.
- Experience using common design patterns in the software industry.
- Experience of version control and build systems.
- Experience working with CAN bus analyzers and protocols, primarily ISO-15765 (ISO-TP) and ISO-14229 (UDS) a plus.
- Experience in troubleshooting automotive electrical systems a plus.
- Experience in low-level programming in real-time systems a plus.
- Experience in hardware design a plus.
- Experience in Freescale processors a plus.
- Experience in Linux a plus.
- Experience in developing Windows desktop applications (Win32, WPF, MFC, .Net) a plus.
- Experience in development code that is highly portable between platform versions a plus.
- Ability to work in a multi-tasking and dynamic ever-changing environment.
- Willingness to learn new technologies.
- Strong work ethic and integrity.
The Koenigsegg R&D team is a small, agile hub of highly talented individuals, where the sum is greater than the parts. Koenigsegg is committed to hiring and developing top talent from across the world for any given discipline. Our world-class team operates with a non-conventional, 'Lean Development' philosophy of high inter-disciplinary collaboration, flat organizational structure, and technical contribution at all levels. You will be expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate.