Job DescriptionNorthvolt has an exciting job offer for a Junior Cell Design Engineer to join our bold and passionate R&D team in Västerås.
In joining us you will play an important part from the very start in building one of the first large scale European battery factories. Northvolt will play an important role in the transformation to a carbon free society.
The junior cell design engineer will act as a "glue" and coordinator, supporting with all the experiments activities and the documentation. You will have the opportunity to learn from some of the best experts in the li-ion battery field and grow together with us in this exciting journey!
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Documentation for cell manufacturing : Work order preparation, Preparation of semi-product specification, Preparation of product specification, Input required information to PLM
- Supporting of DOE (Design of experiment) activities : Cross-checking the materials' stock in the inventory, Follow-up the DOE status with cell design engineer, Data gathering during DOE
- Gathering of validation data and analysis (Supporting for cell design engineer)
The person we are looking for is strongly goal oriented, curious and eager to learn. You will get the chance to have a real impact on our success story in Sweden (to start with) and see the results of your work. Our organization requires and values great self-discipline and a natural talent to make things happen.
Apply with CV and cover letter or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full time employment, fixed salary.
Planned starting date is asap.
Skills & Requirements
- A degree in Electro-chemistry, Material engineering, Chemical engineering is required
- Knowledge/experience in Chemical analysis, Thermal analysis for organic and inorganic materials, Electrochemical analysis is a must
- Curious, eager to learn and develop
- Must have worked in multi-cultural environment
- Experience and interest in manufacturing industry is a plus
- Proficient in both Swedish and English
- Highly organized and result-driven
- An eye for detail
- Proactive and goes beyond expectations
Has a can-do attitude and an entrepreneurial spirit
Ability to work under high pressure and tight deadlines, excellent time management
Ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as independently
Ability to work in a high profile and often high pressured international environment
Qualities that we cherish are flexibility, sense of quality, friendliness, motivation to take on new challenges, grit and a sense of humor
Passionate & purpose-driven