LPN Clinic I or II (Meds)Submit InterestRemove from Favorites Location Kailua, HIAdditional Locations:
Hawaii Kai Medical Offices 6700 Kalanianaole Hwy., 6700 Kalanianaole Hwy. Ste. 111, Honolulu,Hawaii, 96825
Honolulu Medical Offices 1010 Pensacola St., 1010 Pensacola St., Honolulu,Hawaii, 96814
Hospital/Medical Offices 3288 Moanalua Rd., 3288 Moanalua Rd., Honolulu,Hawaii, 96819
Kapolei Medical Offices 599 Farrington Hwy., 599 Farrington Hwy., Kapolei,Hawaii, 96707
Koolau Medical Offices 45-602 Kamehameha Hwy., 45-602 Kamehameha Hwy., Kaneohe,Hawaii, 96744
Mapunapuna Medical Offices 2828 Pa'a St., 2828 Pa'a St., Honolulu,Hawaii, 96819
Nanaikeola Medical Offices 87-2116 Farrington Hwy., 87-2116 Farrington Hwy., Waianae,Hawaii, 96792
Waipio Medical Offices 94-1480 Moaniani St., 94-1480 Moaniani St., Waipahu,Hawaii, 96797
Description:Local 5 - Grade TBD (12-11)
Under direction of Registered Nurse and medical orders of the Practitioner, provides direct and indirect nursing care in outpatient setting.
- Reviews and prepares medical records for assigned patients; initiates follow-up for medical record as requested; reviews patients- needs; identifies and prepares orders for needs of patient for authorization by practitioner and may accept verbal orders per policy; observes, collects, and documents new information on patient; informs RN or practitioners regarding incomplete data, new observation or abnormal/unusual data
- Demonstrates and applies competency in basic nursing skills and use of equipment; maintains current knowledge and skills needed to perform position; attends and participates in staff meetings as needed; participates in projects as requested
- Assigns basic nursing tasks to unlicensed personnel as appropriate and according to department/unit standards; provides clear directions; acts as resource person to unlicensed staff; follows-up on assigned care to ensure it is given per standards, policies, procedures, protocols, and guidelines
- Follows discharge plan developed by Physician or RN; processes and/or follows-up with referrals as directed by practitioners; provides instruction and pre-printed information to patients as directed by RN and/or Practitioners, observes and documents patient/family response to instructions and reports any concerns
- Provides educational materials to patients and reviews printed instructions with patients; collaborates with RN to revise teaching plan when needed
- Implements basic nursing procedures per plan of care; administers treatments and medications as prescribed practitioner; performs point of care testing as authorized; provides laboratory, x-ray and other reports to practitioner for review; notifies patients of normal results as directed by practitioner; considers special needs of different age groups when providing care; sets priorities of care based on acuity of patients
- Additional essential functions as listed in the complete job description
Additional for Licensed Practical Nurse - Clinic I:
- Orients and serves as a resource to LPN Clinic/Meds II and unlicensed personnel as needed; demonstrates and instructs other team members in use of vendor specific products and /or department/unit standards and procedures
- For Licensed Practical Nurse - Clinic I: Twelve months (2080 hours) of LPN experience
License, Certification, Registration
- Hawaii State Board of Nursing approved curriculum for LPN licensure.
- Valid Hawaii LPN License (must meet education requirement(s) for Hawaii State licensure) by date of hire/transfer.
- Current BLS for Healthcare Provider CPR or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer certification.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in conflict resolution, customer service, interpersonal relations, oral communication, problem solving, teamwork, and written communication
- Talking to co-workers, customers, outside vendors, and on the telephone
- Reading, writing, speaking, and understanding English
- Training/giving and receiving instructions
- Mathematical ability, attention to detail (e.g. organization, prioritization, proofing), concentration, and alertness
- Previous nursing experience.
- Previous clinic experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in word processing and spreadsheet PC applications.
Additional for Licensed Practical Nurse - Clinic I:
- Acute care nursing experience.
Primary Location: Hawaii,Kailua,Kailua Medical Offices 201 Hamakua Dr.Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40Shift: VariableWorkdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, SunWorking Hours Start: VariesWorking Hours End: VariesJob Schedule: Full-timeJob Type: StandardEmployee Status: RegularEmployee Group/Union Affiliation: HERE-Local 5Job Level: Entry LevelJob Category: Nursing LicensedDepartment: Primary CareTravel: Yes, 50 % of the Time Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Click here for additional requirements > Submit Interest