Job ID :
US - Virginia - Middletown
This position is in our High Speed Fill Line Team. Hours are 5:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Tuesday-Friday with overtime as required, including the possibility of overtime including weekends.
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?Manufacturing Operators work alone or with other operators to perform filling and/or packaging of products by complying with GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices), ISO 13485 guidelines and company Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
What will you do?
- Perform duties on production line to prepare, assemble and pack products as required.
- Must be able to complete and understand production paper work with minimal to no errors, up to and including product reconciliation, label reconciliation, labor sheets, product fill checks, torque checks, etc.
- Cleans and sanitizes work areas, machines, glassware or equipment as needed or directed, if required in work area.
- Operates and/or monitors machinery, makes necessary adjustments to ensure smooth operations and produce high quality results as required in work area.
- Oversees and monitors progress of temporary employees in the packaging or dispensing areas.
- Must be able to interface and communicate effectively with work groups to ensure completion of tasks and projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
How will you get there?
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- One year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in manufacturing
- Ability to perform the duties of this job by regularly being required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; talk and hear; and smell.
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Ability to sit for extended period of time.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Employee to employ traditional lifting techniques for materials up to 75 lbs. Items over 75 lbs. will require the employee to use non-traditional techniques including, push-pull method, automated lifts and other equipment or additional techniques. Employee will be trained in these techniques upon employment. Employees already in position will require one time training.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to be frequently exposed to wet conditions and work in extreme cold.
- Frequently exposed to strong and sometimes disagreeable odors and occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Ability to occasionally work near moving mechanical parts.
- Ability to work in a moderate noise level.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and react appropriately to changing priorities and impending deadlines.
- Knowledge of GMP, FDA, ISO Regulations for diagnostics manufacturing.
- Knowledge of handling hazardous materials, OSHA safety compliance required.
This position is not approved for relocation benefits.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
US - Virginia - Middletown