Stockholm, Sweden /
About KlarnaKlarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we've changed the banking industry forever. And now we're creating the world's smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world's leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 5000+ employees from 100+ nationalities.
Engineering at Klarna is an inspired, customer focused community, dedicated to crafting solutions that redefine our industry. Working in small, highly collaborative Agile teams, you and your team will have a clear mission and ownership of an important outcome that supports Klarna and our customers. At Klarna we optimise for quality, fast feedback, continuous improvement, testing, monitoring and experimentation. We aim for teams that are inclusive, helpful and have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build.
Our engineers make some of the most significant decisions for the company and we are looking for bold, open and curious developers. As a Klarnaut, you’ll be inspired to contribute to the growth of Europe’s most highly valued fintech and your work will reach millions of users.
The Engineering Graduate Program spans over a 12 month period and it includes training, team rotation and social activities. The training modules deep-dive into engineering with focus on data, security and software engineering. During a period of three months our graduates get to rotate between teams, to get a better understanding on the impact of their work in their target team and how problem spaces connect with each other.
So would you like to be a part of the Klarna ecosystem with 2 million transactions a day and contribute to our goal of creating and delivering the smoothest payment solutions around the globe? We are now seeking talented graduates who are passionate about using their skills and ideas to join us on a permanent contract and take part in our 12 month Graduate Training Program, starting on the 29th of August 2022.
As a Software Engineer at Klarna you will
- Work on specific problem spaces critical to Klarna’s current needs where you will design, develop and deploy frontend and backend services with a focus on scalability, high availability and low latency.
- Bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, large-scale system design, big data storage/processing, security, artificial intelligence, UI design and mobile development.
- Develop as a professional in an entrepreneurial organisation that provides opportunity to work with your areas of interest.
- Use state of the art technology to solve real problems for our customers at a massive scaleDesign, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve : you own the full life-cycle of your code - you write it, you own it!
You should have
- Strong development ability in one or more general purpose programming languages like Java, Python or working with our data teams in SQL
- Strong problem solving ability
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed
What we can offer youCulture - You'll have an opportunity to work with people from 90+ different countries in our English speaking offices in Stockholm/Berlin city centre.
Learning - We have a learning and development focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training, and regular internal technical talks.
Compensation - You’ll receive an attractive salary, pension, and insurance plans, plus we offer all of our employees an opportunity to invest in a RSU program and own a stake of the company. You’ll also receive 30 days annual leave and since we recognise that life is about more than work, we also offer benefits for gym memberships, marathons, and all sorts of activities that promote physical health. We also have generous parental leave (for men and women).
We know diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our teams include women, men, mothers, fathers, the self-taught, the college-educated, and people from all over the world.
We also believe in making contributions to the open source community. You can find some of our work at https://github.com/klarna.
How to applySend over your CV, cover letter in English and include your university grades.
We will provide visa assistance if needed when you are offered a position. However, we don't assist with relocation and remote work is not an option for this program.
Klarna is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Please refrain from including your picture and age with your application.